Hanekoms Samekoms House | Struisbaai Self Catering Accommodation
OverviewRooms/RatesArea/MapReviews (2)Book Now
This self-catering house is a mere 300m from the sea and beaches of Struisbaai, a quaint little fishing village in the Overberg region of the Western Cape. With one of the longest uninterrupted white beaches in the Southern hemisphere, this popular little holiday town promises white-washed fishermen’s houses, colourful fishing boats, a working harbour, and plenty of coastal charm. It is also only 9 km from the Southernmost Point of Africa.
The house is situated on a street corner, opposite an ancient strandloper cemetery, therefore with open views towards the sea. Although the sea is visible from the large lounge windows, you will not hear the crashing waves, nor the howling sea winds.
The house can accommodate up to 7 persons and comprises 4 bedrooms, 1 en-suite bathroom, 2 other bathrooms, 1 guest toilet, an open-plan kitchen and living area. There is also an open-plan kitchenette with a living area upstairs with an inside braai a balcony with sea views. A lock-up garage is also part of this house.
One of the bathrooms is a shower room, accessible from the inside of the garage (and accessible from the quad outside). There is also a quad area, that can be utilised as a braai area. The house has a lawn and off-street parking available.
The house can be divided into two areas by a lockable door (with kitchenette and bathroom available for one area and large kitchen and another bathroom available for the other area).
A mere 300m from the main beach, this house can accommodate up to 7 persons. It comprises 4 bedrooms, 1 en-suite bathroom, 2 other bathrooms, 1 guest toilet, an open-plan kitchen and living area, another kitchenette, a braai room upstairs with balcony with sea view. The bedrooms have 3 queen-size beds and 1 single bed. The outside quad area can be utilized as a braai area. The parking for this house is either off-street and/or in a lock-up garage (one of the bathrooms is accessible from the outside in the garage area).
Local area description
Here at Struisbaai /L’Agulhas /Suiderstrand it is typical “so much to do so little time” !!
1) visit the MOST SOUTHERN POINT OF AFRICA and THE MOST SOUTHERN LIGHTHOUSE OF AFRICA (walk from the lighthouse on a boardwalk to the most southern point)
2) walk/jog/train for the Comrades on the longest beach in Africa – 13 km to the the “Heuningnesriviermond” or “Mouth” which has abundant birdlife – a real birders paradise – or go even further, beyond the “Mouth”, towards Arniston/Waenhuiskrans (total 26km from Struisbaai) and lunch at the Arniston Hotel (be sure to book).
3) fish from the beach or book a boat for some professional deep sea fishing.
4) watch the fishermen’s’ boats come back from a day at sea and buy fresh fish just there at the quaint harbour of Struisbaai, or just laze around on the jetty and see “Parrie”, the local stingray, swim around the shallow waters of the harbour.
5) lunch at “Pelicans” at the harbour … or many more places
6) ride your bicycle on the beach or do some serious mountain biking on the various MTB routes
7) do some snorkeling and maybe find an alikruk
8) learn to surf or kitesurf in the safest sea ever.
9) practice your long-distance swimming in relatively warm water (19 to 23 degrees Celcius in summer) by swimming from the Struisbaai beach to the harbour wall – the safest sea you will want to swim in, with only the local seal to watch over you.
10) … or simply relax on the beach and see the children play in the blue, clean, safe waters.
Lekker huis in geheel. Alles wat jy nodig het.
(5 / 5)
(5 / 5)
(5 / 5)
(5 / 5)
(5 / 5)
As gevolg van werksverpligtinge was ons eers baie laat in staat om vir ‘n paar dae weg te breek en het onsself gelukkig geag om nog ‘n plekkie in Struisbaai te vind. Die advertensie lei aan dat, alleenlik die hele huis, bespreek kan word tydens die hoog-seisoen periode, ons het dadelik bespreek! Met aankoms het ons egter net toegang gehad tot ‘n deel van die huis, 2 slaapkamers, met ‘n kombuisie en ingeboude braai-area bokant die motorhuis. Die onverwagte bedrae van R600 per bespreking vir agentfooi, R50 per persoon vir beddegoed het ons onkant gevang, die R300 skoonmaakfooi is verstaanbaar.